Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thankful Thursday

A cheery hello and good day to you all, world changers! 

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24

Today, I'm thankful for:  

 

 -the precious time our family spent in Pensacola with Sarah over Easter and the good memories that were made.
(((We spent Friday and Saturday touring the National Naval Aviation Museum...
 and climbed the Pensacola Lighthouse on Saturday. Here's a few facts about the lighthouse you may enjoy: 
 *Construction on the lighthouse began in 1856; it was lit on January 1, 1859 and is still in use today. It is 191 ft. above sea level and its visual range is 27 miles. This lighthouse replaced the original one which, aside from being built in 1824, was the first lighthouse on the gulf coast.




 
 The view from the top is really quite beautiful.

And of course we had to make one stop at Petland. Lauren and Deborah absolutely love that place. They held the little Shih-Tzu puppy in the picture above...it looked (and acted) just like Lacy did when she was a puppy. :) And that giant turtle, well, he just roams around the building.)))


-the four new adorable chicks our neighbors gave us yesterday. 


What are two things you're thankful for this week? 


Psalm 9:2
I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.




4 comments:

  1. Can I just say something in me loves the fact that they lit the lighthouse on the first of the year? Haha!
    And the Turtle that roams the store! We have a turkey that roams our zoo, and I thought that was a little odd, haha! Mostly because he is the only animal to do so, but he has *always* done so.
    I am glad you got to see Sarah for Easter, and your chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was pretty cool, too. :) We've been to Petland several times during our visits to see Sarah, and that giant turtle is always there. Sometimes he's in the back by the restrooms, or sometimes he's sitting in a corner. :)
      Me too! It was so much fun!
      Thanks! We were pretty excited about them. :)

      Delete
  2. We just got new chicks this year too! Great pictures.
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love airplanes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!